Monday, June 2, 2008

The END draws neigh........................

Oh glorious end of school...............How I long to touch you............to be with you................to hold you in my arms and never let you go........... Oh, end of school, can you not hurry more quickly to my side? Run to me my love. Run! I await thee with arms open wide, ready to claim thee as my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can tell three things about me from this post.
1.) I read WAY too many romances in my life!!!!!!!!
2.) I tend to be a bit dramatic.
3.) I AM SOO SOOO SOOOOO ready for school to be over!!!!!!


The kids are so itchy and wiggly and talkative and irritable and irritating and DONE! They are just done with school and so am I!

For their HORRENDOUS behavior on the field trip last Thursday, our principal has canceled their field day! I support this decision completely but it gives us teachers one more day of in-class mayhem.

Over 300 of us went to SciWorks (In Winston-Salem here in NC---it is AWESOME). My apologies to the staff. First a group went to the planetarium to hear/see a presentation on the stars and constellations. The lovely students from our school made LOUD bodily noises (burping, farting gagging) as the man talked! They snickered and talked and yelled out. One girl even turned on her cell phone light! Since we were in the dark, teachers were having a hard time locating the sources.........the students took advantage of that. There were three sessions in the planetarium and the teachers said they were very similar in each session.

Next we had another presentation. This one was science experiments. They talked through this one as well.

Then there were students throwing rocks against the wall outside, tormenting the talking macaw (so much so that the staff removed him from the exhibit.) Two students were trying to teach the macaw to say, "I am gay!"

But the icing on the nasty behavior cake was the fact that two boys went into the bathrooms and plugged all FOUR toilets and caused them to flood the bathroom! Our school will be sent the bill!

Now from my descriptions, you'd think these were the worst kids in the world---from rough circumstances and poor upbringing. Guess again. Many of the kids live on the lake with the boats, skiing, wake-boarding life to prove it. They live in HUGE houses, and live a privileged life. Many of these kids have more electronic "toys" than most of the teachers. They are the ones with the extra monetary advantage in life. But on the field trip, they were just bratty students. That's all we could see. UGH

So, now do you see why I am ready for summer????


Oh, oh, oh almost forgot.........I am down three more pounds! WOO HOO! Working out is going GREAT! I am going to Texas June 18th and I very worried about eating right and getting in my exercise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know why they were bratty kids? Because they have parents that probably don't pay any attention to their upbringing. Teachers and society are expected to raise the kids today. If I would have acted like that when I was in school and my mom found out, it would have been my ass...literally! There would have been no thought of calling it child abuse, it was called discipline and I didn't do anything like that because I knew the consequences. I truly think it is the parents' fault, in most cases. *sigh

Trish said...

You must be a saint to put up with those little jerks!

And congratulations on the weight loss!

You rock!

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds crazy. I'm so glad I deal with uni students, they are totally civilized by the time they get here compared to this. I don't know how you have the patience.

Alli said...

Wow that is crazy. Yeah even the rich kids can have poor upbringing. My heart goes out to you this last week!! I know my hubby is having a hard time controlling them at the end of this year as well! OY... thank god I am not a teacher I would have to resort to corporal punishment and probably get fired. haha.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Do I give you credit for being with those kids, and how ebarrassing as a school to be ththere on the field trip! Oh well summers is just around the corner. Congrats on your loss! Keep up the fab work!