Sunday, June 8, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane


A few random thoughts:


* Hubby is heading out tomorrow for NY. He is going there for business training for his new job. He will be there a week. I will be a "single mom." Never done that before although I do 99% of her care so there won't be much change.

*He gets back on Friday, I fly out on Wednesday of the following week for Texas. I am off to see my sick Daddy. He is set to be discharged (if all goes well) on the 16th and I arrive on the 18th. My daughter is 3.5 and he hasn't seen her since she was 3 months old. So, big homecoming and so nice to see family.

* Daughter was in her FIRST ever tumbling recital today! They danced and tumbled to Disco Duck and wore bright yellow and orange leotards with orange feather tutus and barrettes! She was DARLING and did such a GREAT job. She's three, so she messed up some but I am so stinking proud of her that she did it front of the huge audience that she had never seen before and on a stage she had never been on before! I will admit it, I cried like a baby b/c MY baby is growing up! A proud Mama Moment!

*ONE AND A HALF MORE DAYS WITH STUDENTS!!!!! We go all day Monday and half day on Tuesday. I am hoping the majority of them will be absent. I have to work Wednesday then I am done working but then have a training on Friday. I signed up for that Friday b/c I thought I might as well get it done before I left for Texas as well as take it while I was still somewhat in school mode.

*Weight holding steady at 209. SIGH I hit a plateau. Oh well, I have stumbled through one before and I shall again.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Hey I hope you have an AWESOME summer vacation... you totally earned IT. Your daughter looks so freaking cute in that outfit!!!