Thursday, May 29, 2008

My so called (crazy) life..............

Hubby got a new job. I am very proud of him and glad for him! He was stressed at his other job and hated his manager. So, this is a positive change. With commissions (he's in sales) he should make more money than he did at his old job, he will have to drive less (saves car and gas) and he will have a schedule that give him more time to work out. All positive things.

BAH!

I am feeling soooooooooooooooo completely selfish right now that I can't even stand myself! But I can't help how I feel. There are also some history here that contributes to how I feel so please don't think I am all evil.

See, I am a teacher so I get about 6-7 weeks off for summer. When B and I got engaged/married, I told him I wanted to stay home and raise the kids. He was supportive of this and really wanted to have a job that would provide that life for me. However, life happens, and staying home when R was born never really became feasible. Some how HE got to stay home with her for the first 6 months while I worked during the day and he worked second shift!!!!!! NO FAIR! So, every summer, I look forward to having her home with me, to taking her on "field trips", to museums, theaters, movies, parks, petting zoos, swimming etc....etc..... I LOVE being a mom and summer time is MY devoted, special time with her!

Enter harsh feelings.

Last summer, B decided to change jobs. He did it RIGHT before summer and b/c of that we had a LEAN summer while he built up his clients and such. No commissions through summer. I was not very happy with him then either. I asked him to wait until after summer and he chose not to. We ended up having to take out a small personal loan to keep up with bills. So, not only did he screw up my summer, he did some financial damage to us as well. But I am a supportive wife......

So, now here we are...............summer number 2 where the dork changes jobs RIGHT before summer and ruins all my lovely plans! He doesn't get another commission check until August 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so mad at him while being happy for him and proud of him at the same time!!!!!!! How can I function with those conflicting emotions?!?!? Why isn't my head exploding?

I know, I know, there are parks and such that are free and I can still do "play dates" with friends. I know all that and I will be fine it---- just sucks. Am I being stupid or what???

Anyway, please don't think I am a jerk, I am just pouting.

On an unrelated note: we went on a field trip today and the kids were AWFUL! I came home with a huge headache and a desire to eat my way through a whole chocolate cake. Luckily, the headache went away after an iced coffee (no sugar) and there was no chocolate cake to eat through. I even worked out while in full headache mode. I now have three work outs under my belt this week and I will work out on Friday and Saturday if I can. (at least one of them). Positve, positive.

6 comments:

Moby Dick said...

Interesting to read your story. My spouse seems to work at cross purposes to my plans too. I wonder sometimes if it is just sheer bad luck, stupidity, etc? I guess we have to think positive and just understand that when our plans get sidetracked it is for the greater good.

Alli said...

Girl I would be angry too. This is the 2ND summer ina row!!! I would tell him he better be DAMN sure he is goign to stick this job out through next year. Hmph. I hope you can still find some affordable cheap things to do with your daughter you TOTALLY DESERVE it!

Trish said...

I can totally understand your mixed feelings about this.

I absolutely hate being away from my little girl all day and try to spend every moment with her I can when I get home and on the weekends. It's just so hard trying to juggle everything. My house always looks like a bomb's gone off in it, and I feel guilty if I sit down to watch a TV show or spend a little time doing bloggy stuff, (which is one reason I shut down my diet blog, which I really kind of miss.)

Sorry to rant! Gosh I just kind of went off there for a minute! Haha. It just feels good to know there's someone out there who can relate!

I hope you guys have a fantastic summer!

Trish said...

BTW, my diet is going TERRIBLE! I feel so fat and mad at myself!

Fairy Princess said...

I know some museums have days that are free like our one art museum is free on Tuesdays. Check around and see what is Free around your town. Maybe it won't be so so bad. :)

And then tell the hubby to make this one stick. LOL!

Christa said...

I'm married to a man that is always changing jobs. It drives me crazy because I like knowing how much money is coming in and how much is going out. However on the upside is the fact that he always leaves one job for a better one.

On a side note, I'm a teacher too and I'm sooooo looking forward to the summer. Exams start next week and then it's quick after that!