Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This is my darling daughter Riley. We had just come home and it was lightly raining. She asked if she could dance in the rain. My first thought was , "No. Let's go in the house so we don't get wet." Then I checked myself. Why not? Why can't she get wet? It was a warm day and it wasn't raining hard. Let her dance in the rain! So I did. And she loved it! Look at her! So happy. So care-free. My heart is just so happy to see her happy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture because it shows how incredibly innocent she is.

Some days I wish I could go back to those simplistic times and release all the stress and frustration being an adult brings. Right now, as I struggle and work and strive to lose weight, I think it would be really nice to go back when choosing to eat or not eat ice-cream (brownies, cookies, pies, chips, chocolate.... insert your vice here) wasn't such a monumental decision.

However, I have made many changes in my life and made some really important life-altering decisions. While, body and weight-wise, I am not where I want (or need) to be, I am proud of how far I have come. So, trudging forward but not looking back! Onward ho! (Hey! Who called me a ho????) lol

3 comments:

Trish said...

You captured a wonderful and spontaneous moment...I love it!

Fairy Princess said...

That is a beautiful picture and a wonderful little post.

Christa said...

Thank you for your post! I think that we all should dance in the rain and let the neighbors wonder what is wrong with us.