Monday, April 14, 2008

Random-ness

Not a lot going on in my world so here are a few random thoughts:

1.) Read a blog tonight that talked about being a "work in progress." The way she put it was an eye-opener. I AM a work in progress and will never be done. Instead of being depressed about that (b/c let's face it, the point of losing weight is to be DONE with the weight), her comments made me realize that being in "progress" isn't so bad. In a year from now, when I have lost (hopefully) all my excess weight, there will still be things in my life that need positive change. So, as long as I am always trying to better myself, I am still progressing! GO CHANGE!

2.) My hubby is not a Mr.Fix-it and I so want him to be! SIGH.

3.) Hubby is making some positive changes himself. He is moving into doing an in-home biz along with his regular job. He wants to supplement our income. Hey, I am all for that. He is hoping to move to full time on this new venture by September. He has been making some very committed changes.

4.) Grrrrrr to the little boy at daycare who taught my daughter to say, "I'm going to kill you!!" He also taught her to lay down and say, "I'm dead." Needless to say we had a long discussion about those phrases!!! She also tore off over half the leaves off of my huge potted ivy! Why you ask? I don't know why and I don't think she knows either. I think she was just experimenting with her world. This am, when I told her to put her bowl and fork in the sink she told me, "But I don't want to." grrrr grrrr and double grrr. Welcome to three-year old life.

5.) WONDERFUL friend at work MADE me feel so good when she messaged me and ask if she could steal my daughter away from a little bit this evening to play with her daughter. I love that companionship, that close knit friendship, our daughters being friends, the trust and the ability to just hang out with no strings and no elaborate planning......... These are not things I have had before. It is just such and EASY friendship. I don't have to constantly worry about what she is thinking of me or if she is taking things I say wrong. (Guess I have had the wrong type of high-maintenance friends huh??)

6.) I had NO desire to go work out today after work. I was feeling a little icky (low blood sugar) and wanted to just ditch the work out. However, I told myself to just go. Walk slowly on the treadmill of nothing else. So, I went and I ended up having a really good work out once I got warmed up!! So glad I went. This type of thinking is new. Hubby couldn't believe I went anyway. He was really proud of me:-)

Ok enough for tonight. I am going to be early! NIGHT.

2 comments:

Marianna said...

Good morning! Congrats on making it to the workout-- in my case, I've been struggling to get back on the exercise wagon for a couple weeks. I find it so hard to renew my motivation for exercise after I've been away for a while.

I totally agree with you about adjusting my "cheat meal" plans. They haven't been working out like I've anticipated. My husband agrees. So we'll see how things go this weekend, sticking to the plan.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, I am sorry for your MIL issues, she sounds awful. My MIL is not crazy, I love her like my own mother, it is just sometimes living with another women on the house there becomes these power struggles........... It sounds to me that your MIL has some major control issues. I know how you feel for your DD, but in enough time, she herself will realize that she is crazy as well, she just doesn't know yet.....