Saturday, April 19, 2008

Crazy dog!

My hubby has a dog named Kayin. A very dumb but determined dog. She is a husky. She is beautiful. She is hyper. She is CRAZY! She digs out from under the fence almost every day. Drives me crazy. Today my DD accidentally let her out. She opened the front door and Kayin streaked out. Now huskys aren't known for coming back once they take off. And she is no exception! We will call and call......offer treats......food..........car rides.......all the things she loves and the dumb dog will just keep circling out of reach thinking she is playing some demented game. I want to kick her!!! (not really all you PETA people. Kick her like people say they want to kick their husbands! LOL).

I don't particularly like this dog. If I fuss at her, she pees. She is 4 years old and so should have that puppy-piddling problem under control. She jumps up on the door and scratches the hell out of it inside and out. She is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAIRY! When I sweep or vacuum I just curse her the entire time. Like I said, she is my husband's dog. I keep telling him what he needs to do to train her but he does not listen to me. When she jumps up on him, he pets her. Therefore, he just taught her to jump up on people---he rewarded her. When she pulls on the leash, he lets her. Hubby offers no discipline at all.

So, after Kayin escaping 700 million times and our neighbors complaining and after numerous close calls with cars, I told him tonight, THE END! I am done with this STUPID dog. You WILL either 1.) get an electric fence, 2) take her to doggy boot-camp and you go as well so you will learn how to train her or 3) get rid of her!!!!!!!!!!! I would rather him do number 2! That way he gets his dumb dog, we can stay married b/c he doesn't hate me for getting rid of her and she will be more in control around me and DD.

Our other husky, Cinco, was the same way in her prime. We didn't have a house or a child at that time so it was a little easier to ignore it. Now Cinco is like 14 years old and is blind. So, we don't worry about her getting out. She also is weaker and sleeps more.

So, I have been bad today with my eating habits. I usually eat a bigger breakfast on Saturday b/c I have the time to fix it and enjoy it. However, I think it sets me up for a "cheat" day b/c I start the day with a lackadaisical attitude.

I start another challenge with my friend in Canada tomorrow! Whew, we both need it.

Later!

No comments: