Monday, August 4, 2008

Where have I been???

It has been a whirl-wind month (July). I am on vacation as a teacher but it has been sooooooooooooooo busy. I was gone for two and half weeks and since I got back I have not stopped.

*Roo (DD) had swim lessons for two weeks straight at the Y (she did so amazing and learned so quickly---I am so proud of her.)

*I have worked out an average of 3-4 times a week (mostly in the mornings and have taken some classes, which I love).

*Painted the downstairs bathroom, painted the master bath, re-painted the bathroom cabinets and replaced hardware

*Called and seen about 5-6 different lawn and deck people for quotes on building a new deck and getting some landscaping done for the front yard.

*Planned a Pampered Chef party for this Thursday

* Took Roo to the dentist--she screamed like a banshee! But then calmed down for the last half. Her teeth are great!

*Organized a garage sale for this Saturday

*Went out with friends a few times to eat and movies

*Babysat

*Went on a few dates with my hubby

*Had oral surgery -OUCH

*Pushed, carried, shoved, lugged a dresser from my van, into the house and up the stairs BY MYSELF!!!!!!!!!! I hurt when I was done.

*Pushed, carried, shoved, lugged a queen size mattress and box spring onto the top of my van, tied it down to take to the dump BY MYSELF! I hurt when I was done!

*Pruned and elevated the trees in the front yard---I used a pole saw and more than hurting my arms, it hurt my neck to look up that long. Again, by myself. And yes, I hurt!

*I have taken my daughter to the fountains, the pool, play dates, parks, movies, walks etc....all in an effort to keep her active and busy and happy. I feel like a single mom this summer b/c hubby has been working so much. He has worked 2 weekends this month and when he is off, he wants to veg.

*Oh, and I lost 5 pounds! I am down to 204!!! Almost to ONE-DERLAND

*Hubby and I are trying for another baby. I have been waiting b/c I wanted to lose weight first. But I keep toying with the same pounds over and over again. So, before I am ancient and dry up and can't have kids (I know, I am being dramatic) and before Roo is too much older, I thought we should go ahead and do it. After all, a lot of people wait until they have money, but MANY people have children with little or no money. That being said, I only stopped taking the pill about 2 weeks ago, so obviously no news yet---lol

My dad is back in the hospital tonight with a bowel obstruction and exploratory surgery. He was doing really well since my last post. Please keep him and me in your prayers.

9 comments:

Trish said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you've had a busy, but fun summer! They've already started back to school around here...have you?

Amy AS said...

Hello. I am a university professor who is conducting research on WEIGHT LOSS BLOGGERS AND THE ROLE BLOGGING HAS PLAYED IN THE BLOGGER’S WEIGHT LOSS.

As you may be aware, a lot of research has been done over the years on weight loss but very little has been done on blogging and weight loss. I hope you will help me remedy this.

I have chosen you as a potential research participant because you have a weight loss blog, have a weight loss goal of 100 pounds or more, and have been blogging for at least three months.

If you choose to participate in this study, you will be asked to complete a survey that I will email you. Your answers will be completely confidential and I will use a pseudonym of your choice in the final study.

I have an information sheet about the study I would be happy to share with you. Please email me at aldridga@nsuok.edu if you would like to take a look at it.

Thank you for your time and best of luck to you on your weight loss journey.

Sincerely,
Amy Aldridge Sanford, PhD
Assistant Professor of Communication Studies
Northeastern State University
Tahlequah, OK

MaryFran said...

Congrats on the loss!!!!

Good luck with trying for a little one! Have fun ;-)

Emmett said...

I would love to see more posts. I like your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey just remember that water is key with exercise
I think this is a good article to help.
read this

http://emergevictoriousoverfat.com/2009/01/water-and-exercise/

Herbalife Australia said...

where have you now gone again?? checked into your blog a few times now and still not back??

Noknoy said...

I am new here. I like your post. Keep up your good job

Paul A Drockton M.A. said...

Did You know that your Blog is one of Google's top 100 for weight loss and dieting?
Pretty amazing if you ask me!

http://fithuman.net

DogsTube said...

Thanks for all the valuable tips in this post, specially liked the text about reduce calorie intake. keep up yhe good work you are helping many people!
www.how-to-lose-weight-fast-with-fatloss4idiots-reality.com