Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

I don't know anyone serving right now. My grandpa served but he died a long time ago. I feel like there is something I should do.........someone I should thank........and I know no one! So, if you have have served, are serving, or have a loved one who served or is serving, tell them I said THANK YOU!!!!!!! I know our freedoms have been hard won with lots of bravery and peril! I appreciate it.

In that time honored tradition of Memorial Day we are going to a BBQ! We are bringing chicken breasts to grill so hopefully I can keep my eating under control. This is has been one of the better control weekend with eating I have had in awhile. So, I want to keep it up.

I am feeling a little better than I did the last time I posted with all of my "whines." My dad is still in the hospital. He is on a feeding tube but has been moved out of ICU into a room! That's progress! I got to talk to him on the phone and I cried like a baby! It was so good to hear his voice. He sounded so weak though and he said he had been to edge. He has some ways to go before he can be released, but daily things are looking up. Turned out that the blockage in his throat was a yeast infection. With antibiotics, that can be cleared up quickly.

It is that TOM of the month so there is some bloating/water retention but remarkably I feel better than the I did to the days leading up to it.

Everyone have a safe, HEALTHY, Memorial Day.

No comments: