Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dad's Sick......

I have been out of my Dad's house for a long time. I had 5 years of college, 3 years living alone, 1 yr with finance, and now 8 years married.

So, how come when I hear that my dad is ill do I feel 8 years old again??? I was, and still am, such a Daddy's girl. I was the girl lying under the car with him getting dirty and oily asking a million questions. I was the one who went deer hunting with him at 3 a.m. I use to want to be a boy so I could be my dad when I grew up.

I live in NC. He lives in Texas. He is in the hospital and I can't see him!!!! And it is killing me. Luckily, he is stable and I spoke with his nurse and she thinks he will go home soon. He is 75. He has CHF, Diabetes, Asbestos Lung Poisoning, IBS. etc...etc...etc... and is in the hospital with pneumonia and an infection which dropped his blood pressure pretty low.

I am so sad and worried.

DD and I have tickets for June 18th already. So, in a worse case scenario, I can just change my flights. Not that sickness EVER comes at a good time, but this is really a bad time to be taking off from work. I am a teacher and this next week (M-H) is the end of year state tests. OF COURSE, I will go to Texas w/o blinking an eye if I have to, but I also want to be there for my students. I guess I have prepared them all I can anyway.

SIGH

2 comments:

Alli said...

I am so sorry about your dads illness. I am glad you are heading out there soon for a visit. (((Hugs))) the school year is almost over.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you can't be with your dad, I know that must be hard, i hope everything's okay